The Food Forest Speaks
We've done quite a few radio interviews if you'd like to have a listen:
- July 2017: The practicalities of sustainable food culture and the role of Food Rescue organisations, Natural Resource Centres, Community Gardens, Land-share and more (Gawler Community Radio)
- April 2016: Evolution of The Food Forest (Radio Adelaide)
Graham Brookman tantalisingly opens the gates of The Food Forest to give us a glimpse of his permaculture farm, just outside Gawler. From strawbale building, to chickens, to top class sought-after vegetables, to pistachios and so much more. Organic growing, Permaculture design, farmers markets and economic success all get a mention.
- August 2014: Building ecosystems at The Food Forest (Radio Adelaide)
You can build ecosystems that harbor many beneficial predators. Hear how they make organic growing and sustainable living possible. Hear how the Food Forest is restoring the Gawler River and about its open day.
- Sept 2013: Strawbale construction (Radio Adelaide)
Strawbale Houses have come a long long way since the Three Little Pigs and its time to update our understanding of this magnificent building material. Australia’s premier straw bale builder, Lance Kairl, talks to Des Lawrence about the ups and ups of building with strawbales.
- Sept 1, 2013: Spring Open Day 2013
- May 19, 2014: Ripe Autumn - from Illawarra Plums to Persimmons and Strawberry Gum
- Sept 3, 2014: Flavour Bombs to Beat the Internationals
- Jan 13, 2015: Green Almonds
- Jan 13, 2015: Compost's Transformative Effect on Olive Orchard