Fruit & Nut Growing
Date: June 18, 2017
- Payment is transferable to another person but non-refundable if you cancel less than 2 weeks before the course date
- Group discount (save $10 pp) - book 2 or more people in one transaction
- Morning and afternoon tea is provided.
BYO lunch (fridge available, no heating facilities)
- Venue: The Food Forest
- Direct deposit or cheque: Download this form and email it back to us
(no need to select any options below)
- Online payments: Book your place below using your credit card
Please also download this form and email it back to us
Growing your own fresh fruit and nuts has to be one of the most satisfying things you can do in your own backyard or property! What's more, South Australias Mediterranean climate enables us to grow the most intensely flavoured and nutritious tree crops in the world.
This one-day workshop will explore different varieties of stone fruit, citrus, olives, pecan nuts, figs, apples, pistachios and as many other crops as you desire. We will also discuss preserving techniques to stock your pantry for supply through the seasons.
The course will develop skills required to plan, establish and manage fruit and nut trees in a garden or plantation.
Using demonstrations, practicals, walks and talks, we'll examine the selection of varieties, pollination requirements, planting material (grafting and other propagation techniques), orchard establishment, tree shaping, irrigation, soil fertility and pest management.
You are welcome to bring plans of orchards you are planning and soil samples for testing.
Bookings & Refunds
- In the unlikely event of insufficient registrations, the organisers reserve the right to cancel the course with one week’s notice. In this case a full refund will be made.