Organic Vegetable Growing & Free Range Poultry
- Payment is transferable to another person, but non-refundable if you cancel less than 2 weeks before your course date
- Group discount (save $10 pp) - book 2 or more people in one transaction.
- Morning and afternoon tea is provided.
BYO lunch (fridge available, no heating facilities)
- Venue: The Food Forest
- Direct deposit or cheque: Download this form and email it back to us
(no need to select any options below)
- Online payments: Book your place below using your credit card
Please also download this form and email it back to us
Growing high quality organic vegetables is not difficult once you understand the ecology of the garden, especially if you use free range poultry. This course will show you techniques for managing a self-sufficient backyard or small scale commercial garden and the basics of free range poultry husbandry.
We will consider the selection of vegetable species through the seasons, garden design, bio-diversity, irrigation, pest and disease management, mulching, composting and soil fertility, meeting quality and organic standards and small scale marketing.
The Chook is the world's original recycler and pest controller. We will look at its housing, breed characteristics, supplementary feeding, keeping hens out of the lettuces and foxes out of the hens, managing pests and diseases in free-range flocks, rearing your own replacements, as well as chickens and geese in orchard management.
Bookings & Refunds
- In the unlikely event of insufficient registrations, the organisers reserve the right to cancel the course with one week’s notice. In this case a full refund will be made.