Papers & Submissions
This section presents papers and links to permaculture sites with significant academic content. We thank the school students, uni students, graduates, teachers and lecturers who have generated this unique material. Contributions are welcome whether in Word, PDF or web format. Please send by email. All submissions will be considered but selection will be based totally on the decision of the Food Forest webmaster.
You will need Acrobat Reader on your computer to view some papers.
- Pathways to Sustainability - a presentation to UniSA Property Students by Graham Brookman, 2013
- Permaculture, energy and the future for humans - An email to permaculture designers by Graham Brookman, The Food Forest, May 2006.
- The SA Strategic Plan & Permaculture - Papers from the tour by David Holmgren and Richard Heinberg to South Australia July 2006. Click here to be taken to David Holmgren's site where you can scroll down to download audio and powerpoint presentations from both David and Richard.
- Commercial scale permaculture at The Food Forest - A paper presented at the 2005 National Permaculture Convergence, Melbourne by Graham Brookman, The Food Forest. 2005
- Urban permaculture model on Adelaide Plains - A paper by Luke Simmons.
- Measuring sustainability - practical techniques for organic enterprises - A paper presented at the World Congress of the International Federation of Organic Movements, Adelaide by Graham Brookman, The Food Forest.
- Reedbed System Application to SA Health - Our submission to the SA Health Commission (now Dept Health) can be found in the Fact Sheets section, under 'Planning Your House'
- Educating Urban and Regional Planners - how notions of sustainability can be enhanced through the inclusion of Permaculture in planning curricula – A research project for the course 'Planning Project' – Arch5031 at The University of South Australia (2010) by Jeremy Miller
- The influence of permaculture on landscape architecture in Australia: present and potential – final thesis for the Advanced Studies in Landscape Architecture (Honours) course at The University of Adelaide by Sky Allen (July 2004)
- Developing a national food plan - A submission to the Australian Government by Graham Brookman, The Food Forest, Aug 2011.
- A submission supporting the creation of bills to protect the rural character and production of the Barossa Valley and Southern Hills and ranges - by Graham Brookman - Joint Managing Director, The Food Forest, July 2011
- A submission to the Select Committee on Sustainable Farming Practices for the House of Assembly of the Parliament of South Australia - by Graham Brookman, The Food Forest, 2012